Tuesday 14 April 2015

R-2 1. Target failed to trigger. 2. Hit stop

EJ trade: Shorted at Supply but broker didn't honour my target, you can see it was hit but didn't trigger, Pissed off! Good Trade.

EU trade:  Short at longterm fresh supply R-1, had a feeling this level might be tested harshly but not really something I could prepare for on any timeframe (I checked). So nothing to moan about on this one just didn't work out. Good trade in theory.

intro: Again doing set and forget. Chose what I believe were good potential supply levels, targets and stops but broker screwed me on my exit on the EJ trade, the other hit it's stop.

thoughts: On a metaphorical level while I was at the flat today sanding the ceiling by hand and thinking what a shit job it was, I realised that yes it was a shit job in terms of effort required but it was really quite an easy job. I just kept asking myself "is this little bit as smooth as it can be"? Yes -  move on, No - keep going. Then I thought that this job, trading with a set of rules, is really quite an easy job, yes it requires effort to continue to be disciplined and patient (the shit), but then it's just the same as the sanding, "does this trade meet my requirements"? Yes - take it,  No -  keep waiting.  Which made me think of something John says "it's not easy but it's not difficult"... I guess here I'm sort of saying saying "it's shit/hardwork, but it's easy", which makes no fucking sense at all! his is much better hahaha . There was also something about the scale of the sanding that made me draw comparisons to trading. If I looked at the whole ceiling the two inches I was working seemed pointless, which is a good metaphor for how I should look at individual trades. They're just being a tiny part of a trading year.  Don't know, maybe you had to be there. ha!

summary: Pissed off but that isn't going to fix anything, going to have reduce my target and accommodate the brokers spread when setting targets. EJ trade = Good trade, bad luck. EU trade =  just a trade.

lessons: 1. accommodate the brokers spread and nearby price action when setting targets.

video:


No comments:

Post a Comment